TV and Radio Guide w/c 9th December 2013
08/12/2013 2 Comments
Firstly, sorry for the lack of guide last week. Life and work had become too hectic and the guide collation process was taking up too much time of an already full weekend. It’s quite the challenge maintaining the weekly posts, but I feel bad that you didn’t get a guide last week. This week Sarah has collated all the programmes.
Highlights are :
- The Infinite Monkey Cage on Mathematics.
- Frontiers: Bio engineering. Can we control the rate of solar energy reaching Earth by adding chemicals into the atmosphere?
- POP! The Science of Bubbles. Helen Czerski looks at fantastic field of bubble science. This is on at midnight on Thursday, but worth recording or watching on iPlayer. Here’s a clip to whet your appetite.
- Also worth catching on iPlayer from last week is Frontiers with Professor Andreas Sella on the Haber process and how more efficient fertilisers might be produced.
- And Channel 4 showed a autobiographical documentary on Professor Stephen Hawking (A Brief History of Mine) on Saturday night.
Calendar reminders: We’ve made available a Google Calendar with all the week’s TV and Radio on it. This allows notifications to be sent via twitter. This is still in “beta” so please bear with us. If you click on the calendar entry the description gives you a link to the programme webpage. All the links to this week’s programmes can be found in this bit.ly bundle.