TV and Radio Guide w/c 6 October 2014
05/10/2014 Leave a comment
The picks of the week include a theme which reminds us that 2014 is the International Year of Crystallography and a new stellar series focussing on what it is to be human.
- An Eye for Pattern highlights from correspondence of Dorothy Hodgkin (1910-1994), broadcast for the first time to celebrate the 50th anniversary of her winning the Nobel Prize for Chemistry in 1964.
- The Life Scientific Jim talks with Professor Elspeth Garman about the technique that’s led to 28 Nobel Prizes in the last century.
- Discovery Vivienne Parry looks at some examples of patient led research which have challenged the medical establishment.
- Inside Science
- Horizon Asteroids!
- My Date with Death Can the human genome predict when and how you’ll die?
- Human Planet is the new epic series hosted by Professor Brian Cox, charting the human ingenuity and adaptability in order to make an existence in almost any environment.
- Sky At Night: Ice Giants and tips on how to photograph them from Damien Peach.
- Wonders of the Monsoon
- and even more…