TV and Radio Guide w/c 5 Jan 2015
04/01/2015 2 Comments
Happy New Year. We’re back.
We’re looking forward to a year of Science TV and Radio with hopefully no interruptions to the guide this year. Things to look out for in the next few months are a new series of The Infinite Monkey Cage and StarGazing Live in March to coincide with the solar eclipse.
Picks of the week are:
- Every Day Miracles: Mark Miodownik on the miraculous nature of everyday stuff.
- Sky at Night – Chris and the team look at the Gaia telescope which is exploring our galaxy, the Milky Way, in great detail
- Just So Science – Another chance to listen to how the camel really got its hump and other science based versions of Kipling’s stories.
- Science Cafe – 2015 is the International Year of Light. Find out about the properties of light and the ways it is used in science.
- Inside Science – Back for more science news and stories.
Remember, these programmes are now available for 30 days after broadcast on BBCiPlayer.
Still to watch/listen:
- Royal Institution 2014 Christmas Lectures – Sparks Will Fly – check out my (soon to be posted) review.
- The Infinite Monkey Cage Christmas Special – an irreverent and humorous discussion about the Bible and Science vs Religion.
And not in the printed guide – because I only just saw it now – Sky are running a new David Attenborough Series – Conquest of the Skies this week – Sky+ it if you have the means. I’m sure it will be amazing.