TV and Radio Guide w/c 12 Jan 2015
12/01/2015 Leave a comment
Quick post this week – will blog more later –
- Brainwaves (from Monday) Jocelyn Bell Burnell on her discoveries and gender in scientific academia.
- What’s The Right Diet For You? A Horizon Special. Following a study of 75 people trying tailored diets.
- The Sky At Night. From last Sunday. Great new insights into the Milky Way.
- TED Radio Hour: Why We Fear. Chris Hadfield joins Guy Raz for a discussion on the psychology of and need for fear.
- And in case you missed it from last week: Self Orbits Cern. The link is to the podcast of this 5 part set of musings by Will Self as he treks, ambles, and scent-marks his way round the 27km of the Large Hadron Collider. This is an exploration into the meaning of high energy science, and why science is such a great vehicle to be on for the journey into the unknown. Episode 4, when Will suddenly gets it, is great. My retrospective pick of last week.
Here’s the guide: Science TV and Radio Guide_20150112.pdf