09/02/2015 Leave a comment
Video pick: Riding Light ride a photon travelling at the speed of light from the sun. This video takes you all the way out to Jupiter 40 minutes later . A great video to share with students to give them an idea of the scale of the universe and the speed of light. Thanks to Christina Milos (@surreallyno) for posting link on twitter.
This week’s picks include:
- The Infinite Monkey Cage: Why quantum physics is so attractive to woo woo and pseudoscience.
- Wonders of the Solar System: In which Professor Brian Cox stares dreamily into the sky while describing the wonders of our solar system.
- Inside Science: You listen to this every week don’t you?
- Space Shuttle, the final mission: an end of an era for American space adventure.
- How we got to now: A new series charting technological and scientific advances. This week – how we developed a clean environment.
Here’s the guide: Science TV and Radio Guide_20150209.pdf